With “Belligerent Eyes” Fondazione Prada, restlessly searching for new grounds of confrontation on cinema and visual languages, experiments with new forms of collaboration, analysis and research. “Belligerent Eyes” was born out the Fondazione’s will to create a reciprocally stimulating exchange with younger generations working in the realms of cinema and visual arts research and production, enabling them to work in complete autonomy and freedom. This new relationship has marked independence as the core of such an artistic collaboration, offering the Fondazione the opportunity to re-invent the expressions of its cultural commitment.
This project extends the research Fondazione Prada has sustained in the realm of cinema for more than a decade. Between 2003 and 2006 important collaborations with international institutions such as the Tribeca Film Festival and the Venice Film Festival were developed. In 2004 the groundbreaking program of the Tribeca Film Festival travelled outside the USA for the first time and audiences in Milan were offered the opportunity to attend the screenings of selected films from the festival, along with talks and Q&As with directors and actors. In the following years, a vast film restoration project was initiated in collaboration with the Venice Biennale, with the aim to rediscover forgotten or overlooked cinematographic heritage. From 2004 to 2005, during three editions of the Venice Film Festival, the retrospectives “Italian Kings of the Bs: The Secret History of Italian Cinema”, “The Secret History of Asian Cinema” and “The Secret History of Russian Cinema”, all curated by Marco Müller, were presented in Venice and subsequently travelled to Milan, London, New York, Melbourne and Tokyo. In addition to this, in the past years Fondazione Prada has realized special commissions by artists such as Steve McQueen and Tobias Rehberger, who have employed cinematographic imagery and languages to conceive exhibitions and site-specific projects.
With the opening of its new Milan venue in May 2015, Fondazione Prada has strengthened its commitment to this artistic discipline. The new Cinema building has hosted “Roman Polanski: My Inspirations”, a documentary-interview in which the film director retraced his creative path, accompanied by a selection of his own films as well as masterpieces from the past, and “Flesh, Mind and Spirit”, a festival comprising 15 films chosen by director Alejandro González Iñárritu, in collaboration with Elvis Mitchell, film critic and Curator at LACMA in Los Angeles. Director Wes Anderson, on the other hand, conceived Bar Luce for the new Milan site, where he recreated the atmosphere of a typical Milanese cafè, reminiscent of Italian popular culture and aesthetics from the 1950s and 1960s and of the cinematographic iconography of masterpieces such as Miracolo a Milano (Miracle in Milan, 1951) by Vittorio De Sica and Rocco e i suoi fratelli (Rocco and His Brothers, 1960) by Luchino Visconti.
A project by:
Luigi Alberto Cippini
Giovanni Fantoni Modena
Disciplinary Spectrum Directors:
Cpt. (Retired) Mauricio Gris
With the partecipation of:
Beatriz Colomina, Keller Easterling, Franco Farinelli, Stefano Francia di Celle, Adam Harvey, Stephanos Ioannou, Sylvère Lotringer, Sarat Maharaj, Stacy Martin, Mark Wigley
Luigi Alberto Cippini
Consultancy - Construction Management:
Construction - Systems:
Zero4Uno Ingegneria Srl
Gemini Luci Srl
Atlantis Film & Video Srl
Transport - Logistics:
A. Rubelli Arte
Fabrics - Textiles - Materials:
Tappezzeria Nalesso Srl
FIDIVI Tessitura Vergnano Spa
Docks & Dockers
Nava Milano Spa
Textile and Fabric Consultant:
Director of Photography - Theatre Lighting Designer:
Amilcare Giuseppe Canali
Web Design - Digital Platforms:
Max Brun & Lola Toscani
Anna Barberini & Vittoria Dami
Maria Elena Fantoni
Research Editor - Press Office:
Visual Environment Assistant:
Financial and Legal Support:
Advisor: Pietro Mazzoletti
Enrica Fico Antonioni
General admission is free upon reservation.
a limited quantity will be available starting seven days before the scheduled event (for example, if you wish to attend the lecture on the 9th of June, you may reserve tickets beginning June 2).
Only one pass can be reserved per person. A booking service for groups (min. 5 – max. 15 visitors) is available: please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Note: tickets are not available at Ca’ Corner della Regina. You may not be admitted without a regular booking.
POLICY – IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS
- To facilitate access please print, sign and return the form provided to the staff upon arrival (reception desk, ground floor).
- Last admission 15 minutes before the lecture start-time. We recommend you to arrive at least half an hour before in order to avoid queues.
- Dogs and all other pet animals are not allowed within the spaces of Ca’ Corner della Regina. Qualified service animals are always welcome, of course.
- Given the experimental nature of Belligerent Eyes, taking pictures and filming are not allowed. In the event of this rule not being respected, the photographic equipment will be temporarily held back until the owner finishes its visit. Any photograph and video taken inside the premises requires authorization and rights clearance: if you have any queries, please contact email@example.com.
L’accesso alle conferenze pubbliche è gratuito previa prenotazione.
È possibile prenotare solo un ingresso per persona.
Sarà possibile prenotare i biglietti nei sette giorni precedenti l’evento (esempio: i biglietti per la conferenza del 9 giugno saranno disponibili a partire dal 2 giugno).
È possibile prenotare un solo biglietto a persona. Invitiamo i gruppi tra le 5 e le 15 persone a mandare una mail a firstname.lastname@example.org per avere maggiori informazioni.
Nota: I biglietti non saranno disponibili direttamente a Ca’ Corner della Regina. L’entrata potrebbe essere rifiutata a coloro sprovvisti di regolare prenotazione.
- Per facilitare l'ingresso vi è chiesto di stampare, compilare e consegnare alla reception la liberatoria che vi verrà fornita via email successivamente la vostra prenotazione.
- Per ridurre al minimo i tempi di attesa all’ingresso, è consigliato arrivare trenta minuti in anticipo. L’entrata sarà garantita fino a quindici minuti prima dell’inizio dell’evento.
- L’accesso di animali – anche di piccola taglia – all’interno del palazzo non è consentito. Fanno eccezione i cani-guida che assistono i visitatori che sono naturalmente i benvenuti.
- Non è consentito fare foto o riprese: qualsiasi materiale audiovisuale prodotto all’interno degli spazi di Ca’ Corner della Regina deve essere preventivamente approvato dall’ideatore del progetto ed essere soggetto a relativa autorizzazione dei diritti inerenti la proprietà intellettuale.